Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life happens

Last week, two of those in my core inner circle of friends got smashed with bad heath news.  The first - my dear friend David, who appointed me his health care proxy a number of years ago, called me early Wednesday morning to tell me he’d had a heart attack!  OMG!  So I ran up to his apartment, picked up a few things and headed to the hospital when my friend Kate called me to tell me the biopsy she’d had (I’d accompanied her to that procedure the week before) had come back positive for breast cancer.  OMG!  I promptly responded with the appropriate concern and sympathy and then asked, sweetly “what the hell is wrong with you guys?  get off my train! WHAT?  are you jealous of all the attention I’m getting????”  to which she promptly howled with laughter - which is always the best medicine.  Yesterday she and I went to the surgeon and heard the best news in a situation like this - tumor is tiny and not aggressive.  Whew!  And David -  he’s out of the hospital and will be fine as long as he takes on some lifestyle changes. I’ve named his cardiac event a Stent Sale.  Why are sales always called events these days anyway?  BTW, I am happy I can be of service to my friends as they have helped me so much.  As Kate says, we're all in this together!

The following was emailed to me yesterday.  I wish I knew to whom to attribute it but I don’t.  Hope you enjoy it.

"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where
you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.  May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

and from me - Try to remember - blessings abound in all circumstances.  xoxo sara

No comments:

Post a Comment