Sunday, September 6, 2015

why am I so lazy?

I need to have a shower but I ask why. Ditto,  brushing my teeth. Even going to the toilet I put off till the last moment.  These activities of daily living (ADL) have become so arduous I now put them off. Unable to assist in anyway,  I am thrown around. This is not anyones fault,  it's just a matter of gravity and reality. No to a hoyer lift so don't bother suggesting one. In fact,  while I'm rejecting that potential solution,   let me also say that many people,  in their hope to be helpful frequently offer suggestions that have already been considered,  maybe tried and rejected. Unless you really live with this disease (i.e.,  you are my caregiver or other primary in my life) you probably are just wasting my time and yours and these days I am too lazy to explain to you why I reject your proposed solution to a problem I mention - like constipation. When I need a solution to a problem,  I think of who might have a particular skill set and I actually ask for problem solving help. Saying or complaining about not being able to shit is not a request of you to advise me on the need for more water,  or fiber,  or whatever. Not to be ungrateful but can't you just be sympathetic when you ask me how I'm doing and I tell you the truth?  Or we can just talk about the weather...f

No comments:

Post a Comment